Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Vault Opens

Recent work in the studio is preparatory and unscannable, so I have an X-tra Big Helping of Vault today - for the first time in a while!


Duck underdrawing on panel. This is an abandoned drawing from when i was still hopeful about embossed gold-line drawings (turns out they're not really high-contrast enough to hold up from more than arm's length :( ). I love the duck, but the background details were not supergreat (and, as Out recently noted, coral is so three months ago.)


Rabbit Diagram from the first Italy Sketchbook.


detail of Virtuous Rabbits which is currently on haitus but will be featured in the NEXT show...probably. Also the inspiration for the Rabbit Triptych I am currently working on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the duck. And Virtuous Rabbit is great.

-- Jarred.

Dave said...

I'm intrigued by the foreign language comics. What is the language, exactly?