a package of chicken (I made it with 4 small breast pieces, but I would recommend more. Philip and I had to continue eating for several hours after this course - "The abyss demands sacrifice!"
- two limes, thoroughly juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- two tablespoons of honey
- a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce (you could vary this. I didn't put in a whole teaspoon, just 5-6 drops, and it wasn't really hot enough for the recipe to warrant it's name)
- freshly ground black pepper
- a teaspoon of ground cumin
- a teaspoon of turmeric
- a small onion, coarsely chopped
- two cloves of garlic, treated similarly
Combine the lime juice, honey, soy + Tabasco sauce and spices in a bowl. Cut and clean the chicken and put it in the marinade [if you pierce it with little holes all over it will absorb more sauce! -Ed.]
Heat up some vegetable oil in a pan or on a skillet. Add the garlic and onion and let cook til golden. Add the chicken and remaining marinade, and continue to cook until done. The marinade should have reduced into a sauce at this point; leave it a little longer if you want it thicker.
Serve immediately over jasmine rice.