Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Coronation

On Sunday night it was too late to go to the studio, so I stayed home and worked on some Coronation drawings for open studios (June 20-21).
Coronation drawings are done without photo references and without erasing. In each drawing I try to highlight some fact that I happed to know about the animal, either of scientific or folkloric nature.


naga king (three great rivers.)
It usually takes me about one drawing to warm up, and the king cobra sadly got the brunt of that...I think I'll have to go back in and add some stuff...or put him in the bargain bin.


lonely bird (bittern)
I really like this one: that it's a little sparer and sad.


four-gems firefox


poison-spur tyrant (platypus. down under.)
+++


must you have battle in your heart forever?
study for I am from battles!

I'd like to do a bunch of studies for from battles! because
a) it is a subject matter that has obsessed me for a while
b) it's going to be the most obvious piece so i want to get it perfect

No comments: