Friday, June 27, 2008

Dinner

Tonight I made us (Philip and me) some food. It was a concoction of my own, Hot Honey-Lime Glazed Chicken. You should make it; it came out really well!

le recipe


  • a package of chicken (I made it with 4 small breast pieces, but I would recommend more. Philip and I had to continue eating for several hours after this course - "The abyss demands sacrifice!"

  • two limes, thoroughly juiced

  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce

  • two tablespoons of honey

  • a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce (you could vary this. I didn't put in a whole teaspoon, just 5-6 drops, and it wasn't really hot enough for the recipe to warrant it's name)

  • freshly ground black pepper

  • a teaspoon of ground cumin

  • a teaspoon of turmeric

  • a small onion, coarsely chopped

  • two cloves of garlic, treated similarly



Combine the lime juice, honey, soy + Tabasco sauce and spices in a bowl. Cut and clean the chicken and put it in the marinade [if you pierce it with little holes all over it will absorb more sauce! -Ed.]
Heat up some vegetable oil in a pan or on a skillet. Add the garlic and onion and let cook til golden. Add the chicken and remaining marinade, and continue to cook until done. The marinade should have reduced into a sauce at this point; leave it a little longer if you want it thicker.
Serve immediately over jasmine rice.

No comments: