Friday, June 13, 2008

Some Random Stuff + Vault

Beverly, MA, present day:

Sketch for Snared In Its Glory, last projected major work in the White Rabbits series. I had been working on an (unintentionally) similar image for the tondo from Silver Worlds a few month ago, but eventually abandoned it because it hadn't been planned superwell, but the other night Susie and I were looking at the underdrawing for From Battles! and she asked if it was going to get tangled in its horns, which of course is the obvious logical conclusion if you look at these images from a purely biological/practical point. Plus I love the stimmüng of this; goes back to Thorn in the flesh/at the height of his powers. (no image available :( )


This is a thing I've been side-burnering; using a transfer technique that Steve told me about (Kellogg might use it too -but her ways are a mystery...). (Steve, you need a blog so I can link to you at opportune moments!) As you can see, I've transferred the Day At The Races drawing from a few posts ago onto this panel; starting to build up an interesting collage effect. Not sure what I'll use this for in the future but it has all kinds of imaginable applications in the fields of Exactitude and Perfection.

Sometime In The Past

Hmm, this is an interesting one. Digging through The Vault, I found this from last October. It's after Murakami after Francis Bacon. Not finished - can't find the .psd I was working from - but interesting. I like it.

Murakami's^

Bacon's (BBC News)^


on Arches Cover Buff


on Arches Cover Buff. Sometime in August 06.


monotype from printmaking I.


artist's proof from the telamon plate that I used in The Sheep and The Goats.

No comments: