Monday, June 9, 2008

© MURAKAMI Pt. 1

This was the best art exhibition I've ever been to.
Unfortunately they wouldn't allow picture taking inside, so, perhaps channelling my mother, I had Philip take a lot of pictures of me outside the museum with the big sculpture of Mr. Pointy. (They wouldn't even let me drink water inside, but I guess when you're surrounded by 15 million dollar pieces of art, you get nervous about that kind of thing.) Come to think of it, that sculpture is probably the most expensive thing I've ever been close enough to touch. ...Interesting and awkward.)



Mr. Pointy was riding on an enormous squashy frog.


The level of detail all over everything, even on parts you could barely see, was incredible:


3 comments:

Dorothy said...

murakami IS amazing...and he's starting to do fashion...can't remember who he's colaborating with...

Rabbit Engine said...

Louis Vuitton

Rabbit Engine said...

a working Louis Vuitton/Murakami handbag store was part of the exhibit.