Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bookmaking


Yesterday I did a little bookmaking. Here's my setup (to use the term loosely. I still have a lot of materials left over from when I was in Orvieto, Italy in 2005, that I get out when I start a project like this.

Here are all my collage matirials, most of them collected in Orvieto, Florence and Rome. They're organized by color in little envelopes. Going through them again after 2 or 3 years really made me want to do some collage again. You can see some printed and hand-marbled Florentine paper underneath the envelopes.

The book is is its own slipcase, all labelled correspondingly with text from some Korean green tea bags.





I needed more pages to complete the signature than there was content for, so I made the middle of the signature a four-fold spread and used my page-planning notes for a touch of ephemera.



+++

Working on Lotus Pond for Silver Worlds. yes, I am still having a show! :D

2 comments:

Dave said...

omg, you really could make a fortune, grant. These are so beautiful. Seriously.

b squared said...

omg ... I just realized that's the album art for the mixed cd!! I love it! It's amazing. Seriously. I am so glad that there are amazingly smart and art-sy people like you in the world, cause I have no talents nearly this cool!