Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Watercolors

Some little paintings I am making as mail art. Again, trying to keep them loose, but want to do another layer of little detail as well. There must be a balance to strike between the watery work and the fine detail.

Little dragon


Little dog-like thing. This reminded me of the goblin creatures in The Princess and the Goblin and made me laugh. :)


Another state of the watercolor from the previous post. Again on this one, started going in for some fine details but stopped. Unsure how to continue. It is fine this way but I think it needs 'finishing' which may be my obsessive inability to leave well enough alone...but I think I can figure something out. I might just have to go in and maybe wreck it looking for the answer. I don't do that enough.
Also: the colors here are really, really bad. I need to get a new paint box layout that will urge me to mix more.

1 comment: