Sunday, March 23, 2008

Back To Work

I took a little studio break starting on Wednesday, to give myself some time to air out and let off some painting nerves. I did have a little at-home project though: I repainted my room with much noble assistance from bryan (looks SO MUCH BETTER!!!!! - I feel like i've living in a different apartment, or even someone else's life!), AND embarked on a 26 part series of drawings that I can work on here (on my newly cleaned and organized desk) when I can't or don't feel like going to the studio.
I'm calling it the Coronation series; the idea came to me at around 11.49 on Wednesday night as I lay abed (good thing I keep a notebook on the nightstand!), and it is based off a series of drawings, I did for Gordon's faculty/alumni show back in December 07. Mostly animals, with some embossed gold leaf, on that queen of papers, Arches Cover Buff. Will post some soon.

No comments: