Monday, April 21, 2008

Back In Action

Back in the studio tonight after a week of SLOTH (ok, I was doing pro-bono stuff for senior thesis projects - still felt lazy about the studio). First thing:


Finally remembered my camera. Here is the working sketch for "action rabbit," now operating under the new working title From Battles.




Here's me next to it to give an idea of the scale. Final will probably be slightly wider.


Also pulled out the ol' Megature and gave it a go again. Things went much faster this time (last time I worked on I despaired of ever finishing anything in addition to it), but I will definitely need to buy a new outlining brush - very hard to find a good one for doing really fine acrylic details. After thinking about it for a while, decided to go with the same colors for the clouds as on Heavenly Creatures, but I think I must have used cadmium red on that one, because the clouds came out very purple this time around (I used my Naphthol Crimson instead, and Cerulean blue...one of my least favorite colors...but it works well with the silver)...anyway. You can see a snake coiling from top-right to bottom left, the head and body of the fox-dragon-axlotl, a little aeromouse top center and a boar on the left where the snake and fox make an X.




Here it is with a lttle more black filled in. I'm excited to see it done.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I can't wait to see this when it's finished!