Friday, April 18, 2008

A Friendly Game of Tag

Jack over at The Pink Armageddon has challenged me to some tag, so here goes:
4 Places I've Been

  • Orvieto, Italy. I lived in a convent with miniature nuns and incestuous cats for a semester!
  • Thailand. And various locations therein. One of the most beautiful parts is the Queen's Botanical Garden, built up the side of mountain and landscaped into different sections divided by plant type. There is a huge Crystal Palace-esque greenhouse with a rainforest inside, and an elevated boardwalk so you can walk through the tree's canopies!
  • Mount Desert Island, Maine. Very beautiful there as well.
  • Singapore. I lived there for six months when I was little but don't remember much about it. Except for all the rules we had to follow every waking minute.


4 Jobs I've Had

  • Data Entry. I think this was the first paying job I ever had. It was a one-time thing. I sat in a small room and typed stuff into a database.
  • Cafeteria Server/Vegetable Chopper. I liked making sandwiches and I really enjoyed being alone, chopping vegetables for an hour, and getting paid for it! Vegetables are actually really beautiful, if you take the time to look at them, especially cauliflower.
  • Custodian. Cleaning dorms and toilets in the summers.
  • Tour Guide on Boston's Freedom Trail. I showed people around Park Street Church, gave little guided tours, and said, "No, the church is NOT connected to the graveyard. Yes, I know they are adjacent," many times a day.

4 Of My Favorite Foods

  • Sticky Rice.
  • Anything Indian, especially Malai Kofta and Shahi Paneer Korma.
  • Pasta
  • Wheat Chex. My favorite cereal, which I can no longer eat due to my wheat issues! Fie.

4 Scenes In Movies I Wished I'd Written And Directed

  • Elizabeth Rejects Darcy: BBC Pride and Prejudice Oh, the fire in Jennifer Ehle's eyes when she declares, "I had not met you one week before I knew you were the last man on earth who I could ever marry!"
  • The Two Femininities: Aliens Ripley getting into the power loader and screaming, "Get away from her, you bitch!" as the alien queen tries to eat(?) Newt. (Do the aliens really eat, or do they just implant their embryos and skedaddle? The whole food intake is never really gone into that I remember...)
  • Attack Bible: Saved Hilary Fay, her attempt at excorcism thwarted, actually throws her Bible at Mary. Mary turns around and says, "This is not a weapon, you idiot!"
  • The Diva Dance: The Fifth Element Need I say more?

2 comments:

Jack said...

Yay! Tags are fun. How are you?

Dave said...

I think that everyone wishes they directed the Elizabeth-Darcy scene.

And, uhm, possibly the scene by the lake too ...