Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ex Nihilo Rears Its Head


detail from Ex Nihilo: Birds of Prey, walnut ink and watercolor on Arches Cover Buff, 22" x 15", 2005. Collection of Bryan and Natalie Parys.

So three years after my best-selling-yet series Ex Nihilo, I am still getting comments about it, and how much people wished it was still going on. Never one to rain down sorrow when I could be dispensing joy, I am going back to the grindstone with a huge sumi brush, my trusty Arches Cover Buff, and that gem of art supplies, Walnut Ink. It practically does the painting for you. Process pictures to follow.

From The Vault


Here's something in Walnut; a picture of Bruce Herman working on his Mary murals in the bottom of the Torre del Moro, Orvieto, Spring 05. Originally to be included in Gordon College's Stillpoint magazine...and then not. Such is the publishing industry.

Highlighted with white watercolor. Probably about 4" x 6".

Ciao tutti.

No comments: